option A: partner with a major TV network to secure access to the biggest pop group in the world and give customers the chance to win tickets to an exclusive extra show. communicate this through the competition’s own dedicated website, hashtag, and social media, supported by print, broadcast and PR.
option B: make a 90 second TV ad that talks about, well, I’m not sure exactly … but I think, the value of time?
it may be harsh to call this an abject lesson in new versus traditional media thinking, but this really is an abject lesson in new versus traditional media thinking. and just in case anyone is looking for a (far from exhaustive) checklist, here it is:
- create new news (don’t assume people care)
- integrated the channel approach (not single broadcast solution)
- create exclusivity and scarcity
- do don’t say
- leverage a passion point
- develop a plan and strategy for earned media
- integrate into store
- connect to product purchase
here are the boys again … just for fun.
featured image source: Coles via Mumbrella